[PARPORT] instruction execution time problem

From: Latha (ranga_axis@yahoo.co.in)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 02:25:07 EST

    hi all,

    I connected one ADC to the parallel port , and i am
    using parport for getting the data from the ADC

    I have written a program, which is working very
    finely.

    Here i am appending my program........

    but my problem is there is some time delay for
    execution of instruction , which limits the sampling
    rate.

    i can only sample at a rate of 300 samples per
    second...
    that means it is taking 3 ms for execution of less
    than 10 instructions........

    Is there any solution to this problem..... how can i
    increase my sampling rate ????

    i need this information urgently

    if anybody used parport for interfacing ADC, can u
    tell me how to get rid of the problem

    thanks in advance

    Best Regards

    Ranganadh