Re: [PARPORT] Reading from pin - help.

From: Jeffery Tyree (jeffery_tyree@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 23:10:52 EST

    ----- Original Message -----
    > Are you sure this is a Parallel Device? Because it sounds like a Serial
    > Device and there are some DB-25 pin connectors that look like parallel,
    but
    > they are serial...

    To answer that I did a quick net search...
    "The DS18S20 is a digital thermometer featuring ±0.5°C accuracy over a -10°C
    to +85°C range. Data is read out over a 1-Wire® serial bus in 2's complement
    format with 9 bits of resolution."

    So whether it be via software or hardware, some form of serial communication
    interfacing must be implented.

    An article and some C code can be found at: http://www.phanderson.com/PIC/
    Also check out: http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~frank/LCDTemp.htm
    There's lots of info out there on this device!