Re: [PARPORT] Xmas project: pg0: Autoprobe failed

From: Stephen Mollett (molletts@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 06:25:14 EST

    On Tuesday 24 Dec 2002 21:46, Dan Smith wrote:
    > ... I am having some difficulties installing the pg module. When I try
    > to install the module I get the following errors pg0: Autoprobe failed
    > pg:No ATAPI device detected
    > Does any one know what module I should use for an LG CD-R/RW Drive
    > Model HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-84813?

    Hi,

    You need to use the sg module. As the CD-ROM isn't a parallel-port one (it's
    an internal IDE/ATAPI one), you don't need to mess around with the
    parallel-port drivers. You only need to use pg if you're writing to an
    external CD-RW drive plugged into your parallel port.

    Try 'modprobe sg' then 'cdrecord -scanbus' and you should see the drive
    listed.

    Stephen