[PARPORT] Parallel Port IDE Hard Drive

From: Stephen H. Dawson (shdawson@gte.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 07:45:47 EST

    Hi,

    I bought a Microtech Xpress Drive in 1999. Love it. Have an 8 GB drive in it
    with 4 partitions.

    Recently put RH Linux 8.0 on the machine and all is well. Getting 1 message
    that is close to enabling your box, but need some help. After the LPD starts
    up, get the message:
    "paraport 0 warning, class 'IDE' not understood"

    This tells me that it sees it, but does not know what to do with it.

    I would rather inquire before I kill myself chasing something I am really
    not sure of in th first place. It seems like all I need is a driver
    (module) but I just don't know enough to even say that at this point. Any
    help you have of where I can look to get this thing running with Linux would
    be most appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Stephen H. Dawson