[PARPORT] How to switch PIO cards between ECP and EPP modes?

From: Duncan Haldane (f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 21:54:05 EST

    Hi,

    I am trying to test a linux driver in ECP PIO mode using parport on a
    ITE-8875F-based superio PCI card (MP8875P)

    This card is nicely recognized and initialized by Linux, but
    comes up in EPP mode. Its supposed to do ECP too, but I cant find any docs.

    Does anyone know how the mode in such cards gets switched?
    (Write something to some register, I suppose) If I knew how other cards
    do it I might be able to figure it out..

    Any ideas, anyone?
    Duncan

    E-Mail: Duncan Haldane <f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net>
    Date: 17-Jan-2003