Re: [PARPORT] Parport as a serial port?

From: Blaise Gassend (blaise@gassend.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 09:50:04 EST

    Using the parallel port as an asynchronous serial port is likely to cause
    you a lot of pain because it requires careful timing. What type of
    problem are you having with the laptop's serial port? IMHO, solving
    those problems would be your best bet. Did you do the conversion from
    the serial port's +12/-12V to your microcontroller's 0V/+5V? What isn't
    working with the serial port?

    Blaise Gassend

    Quoted from Juan Pablo Martinez Sanchez on Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:40:32AM +0100.