[PARPORT] I/O ports and the parallel interface

From: Joe Lang (lang@fs1-nhdw.nws.noaa.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 15:56:16 EST

    Hello List members,

    Is there a way to query the kernel (or some other system resource)
    to determine the I/O ports used by a parallel port adaptor?
    You know, the base/data, the status, and the control I/O ports.
    I do understand that the status and control ports are offset from the base,
    so if I can get the base, that would be enough.

    If I look at the output from the dmesg command I see info like:
    parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
    How does the parport driver determine the 0x378 value displayed above?

    Thanks!

    Joe