Re: [PARPORT] Second parallel port

From: Nate Jenkins (nate@uniwest.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 17:54:05 EST

    These special files are called device nodes. If you look in the /dev
    directory, you will see a gazillion files similarly named with incrementals
    on the end of the filenames... Like parport0 upto parportX. This is how
    you would access a particular partition on your HDD for example, or a second
    modem or a third parallel port or any number of X numbered devices possible
    in a PC...

    Nate