[PARPORT] Ultra10 Parallel port

From: Tom Mehrkam (tmehrkam@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 09:22:14 EST

    I recently inherited an Ultra 10, and I want to set it up as a print
    server for my HPDJ 722c. I have had no problems with the printer under
    intel, but I seem to be having difficulty getting the sparc Parallel
    port configured.

    When I do a modprobe parport, modprobe parport_pc, I get the following
    in DMESG:
    parport0: PC-style at 0x1fff13043bc (0x1fff13047bc), irq 7281536, dma 0
    [PCSPP,T
    RISTATE,COMPAT,ECP,DMA]
    lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
    DMA write timed out

    I have also tried passing irq=7 io=0x378 to parport_pc with no luck. I
    have tried searching google for answers, and have not had any successes.
      If some one could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

    uname -av:
    Linux amigasun.xxx.xxx 2.4.20 #5 SMP Mon Mar 24 19:58:10 EST 2003
    sparc64 sun4u TI UltraSparc IIi GNU/Linux

    Used Gentoo-1.1a to get things installed.

    Thanks.