[PARPORT] continuous parport activity??

From: Meles MELES (meles@free.fr)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 19:23:53 EDT

    Hi,
            I post on the list because I find a strange activity on my parallel
    port. I've built a port tester with a few leds to watch the port
    activity in order to experiment a little bit with the parallel port.
    When I plug in the tester, I see a strange behaviour. Some of the lines
    are active intermittently. D4 and D7 seem to be high all the time.
    D0 is flickering with a high duty cycle. D1 and D2 blink at 1 or 2 Hz.
    D5 and D6 are low. D3 is ON and swith off some times to time.
    D1 and D2 seems to blink faster when I move my mouse.

    There is no file in the printer cue, I've tried to unload parport
    parport_pc and lp modules without success.
    I switched off cups and other services without more success.

    I use a Mandrake 9.1.

    Does any of you have an idea of what is going on with my parallel port?

    Thanks in advance.

    Blaise

    --
    Nous n'héritons pas la terre de nos ancêtres,
    nous l'empruntons à nos enfants.