Re: [PARPORT] ITE 8872

From: David Euresti (davi@vmware.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:32:03 EDT

    I discovered that the card is an 8875.

    Well this is the weird part.

    When I put this card in my 2.4.19 box it works fine.
    When I put it on the server that needs it, because of a stupid dongle,
    all of a sudden it doesn't work. Granted the server is running kernel
    2.4.3 but I added the sio_ite_8872_probe function and everything
    else. So I know the function is called. However it doesn't recognize
    it as a 8875. So I decided to force it to be a 8875 but it won't
    recognize EPP or TRISTATE like it does in my 2.4.19 box.

    I'm willing to give up on this card. However is there another PCI-X
    card that will work on 2.4.3? Anybody have good reccomendations?

    Thanks,
    David