Re: [PARPORT] ppdev questions again

From: Peter Asemann (sipeasem@immd3.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 12:02:57 EDT

    > Unfortunately not: seems to be an oversight. But it is set to enable
    > interrupts once you claim the port; is that any good?

    Well, I suppose it's better that interrupts are always on than if it was the
    other way around.
    I just wonder why there is no "toggle irqs on/off" function. At least for PCs
    parallel ports I didn't find any documentation saying bit 4 was *not* used
    for enabling/disabling IRQs.

    Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer.

    Peter Asemann