[PARPORT] ECP secrets...

From: Peter Asemann (sipeasem@immd3.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 11:15:45 EDT

    Hi there!

    Today I have another weird question.
    There are FIFOs on ECP adapters.
    You can realize RLE compression by first sending 'number' to the peripheral
    via ecp address transfer and then sending some character via ecp data
    transfer.
    The peripheral then (if it has automatic RLE decompression) sees the
    character 'number' times.
    Well... if that shall work I guess that there aren't two hardware fifos but
    there's just one fifo that can remember is something is to be written via
    data or via address transfer.
    Isn't it that way?

    Peter Asemann