[PARPORT] Grabbing a parallel port

From: Philip Graham Willoughby (pgw99@doc.ic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 12:16:29 EDT

    Bit of an odd request this, I expect...

    I have a little dongle thing wired up to my parallel port, in which the
    data lines (pins 2-9) are all connected to ground (pins 18-25) via
    resistors and LEDs, and nothing else is connected. I need to perform
    the following tasks:

    Reserve the parallel port (I say "the" because I can guarantee that
    there will only ever be one on these machines);

    Set the state of the data lines; and

    Release the parallel port.

    The reservation must be done at driver load time, and the release at
    driver unload time.

    Could one of you nice people point me at a skeleton parport-using driver
    that I can adapt to my needs?

    Cheers,

    Philip Willoughby

    Systems Programmer, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK

    --
    echo bzidd@nfo.ho.co.se | tr "bizndfohces" "pwgd9ociaku"

    Why reinvent the wheel? Because we can make it rounder...