SV: [PARPORT] Please help me with parport and ftape modules...

From: Anders Norrbring (anders@norrbring.biz)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 09:18:54 EDT

    Miguel,
    I'm not too sure about that.. If I load;
    parport
    paride
    epat
    pt

    Then I can access the drive (on the parallel port), but it doesn't respond
    to many commands via the 'mt -f /dev/pt0 xxxx' - most commands result in
    just 'invalid argument'.

    I suspect that the 'epat' driver is a QIC-113 driver (TR1,2 & 3) instead of
    QIC-157 (TR4,5 & 7).

    As I've understood, the ftape/zftape package is for external floppy protocol
    tape drives (Floppy protocol is the same as QIC-113) and then it's of no use
    since my drive uses the QIC-157 protocol.

    Anders Norrbring
    Norrbring Consulting