[PARPORT] Please help me with parport and ftape modules...

From: Anders Norrbring (anders@norrbring.biz)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 07:28:16 EDT

    Hello there!

    I'm sitting here sweating trying to find out how I can manage to kick life
    into my tape drive. I don't really know what modules to use, parport and
    paride are obvious, but what else? The drive I have is a HP Colorado 20GB
    (Travan TR-5) connected to the parallel port on the computer. All info I've
    found so far only covers TR1-2-3 which are using QIC-113 floppy interface
    protocol.

    The TR4-5-7 drives uses QIC-157 interface standards and I can't for my life
    find any relevant information on how to use it, what modules to load etc.
    So I really hope somebody here knows how I can solve it.

    Later,

    Anders Norrbring
    Norrbring Consulting