[PARPORT] Parport TTL circuit and a Backpack CDRW

From: Michael Graffam (mgraffam@mathlab.sunysb.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 14:26:33 EDT

    Hello all,

    I have a Backpack CDRW drive on my parport, and I am looking to develop
    an externally powered TTL circuit to do some stuff (fire a laser diode,
    signal a HeNe laser power supply, and host a few photosensors).

    Is there anything special I need to do to talk through the Backpack, or
    to keep from tripping over it?

    Can someone provide a link to some parport programming examples dealing
    with TTL circuits? In another life, I did it under DOS, but this is my
    first need for this sort of thing under Linux.

    Thanks,

    Mike