[PARPORT] Using interrupts with direct port access?

From: Sven Lübke (Nevsrevilo@web.de)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 18:32:20 EDT

    Hi all!

    I've just written a LCDproc driver for my VF-Display which is connected
    to the parallel port and now I need a possibility to read in some information
    via the same parallel port from a microcontroller, which scans a keypad matrix
    the whole time (and perhaps doing more stuff). The driver gets direct access
    to the ports (0x378 etc.) using ioperm. Data is transferred through
    the data lines (D0-D7) in combination with four output lines (/strobe, /LF
    etc.)

    As I don't want to poll one input line of the parallel port the whole time, I
    plan to use the /ack input in combination with an interrupt! Is this
    possible at all using direct access? I searched a lot of sites, but didn't find
    the right information. Can someone help me?

    Thank you in advance!

    Best regards,

    Sven Lübke