[PARPORT] /dev/parport with devfs

From: Markus Heinz (su1690@sx2.hrz.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 09:48:35 EDT

    Hello,

    I am using a 2.4.21 kernel with devfsd. I have compiled support for user
    space parallel port drivers into the kernel. I have one parallel port.
    However there are 16 device nodes /dev/parport[0-15] in the
    /dev/directory. Normally with devfs there are only device nodes in the
    /dev directory for devices which actually exist. Why are there so many
    /dev/partport devices when I only have one parport? Is there any kernel
    command line option or devfsd option to get rid of the unneeded device
    nodes?

    Regards,

    Markus

    --