Re: [PARPORT] PARIDE boot disk for Red Hat Linux 9

From: John Miskinis (conquestsoftware@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 04:22:12 EDT

    Hi,

    Those boot disks worked flawlessly, and I was able to install
    Redhat 9 using the parallel-port Backpack CD-Rewriter.

    Unfortunately, my 133MHz/40MB RAM laptop is not up to
    the task of running Redhat 9, the performance is awful.

    I performed the test earlier than expected, sine I ran into a
    problem on Redhat 7.1, where trying to load the pcd module
    produced an error "module parprt_lowlevel could not be found".

    I did some research, and some folks were able to alias to parport_pc,
    but I never ran into this issue in the past. Since I need to revert to RH
    7.1 on this laptop to achieve reasonable performance, I would appreciate
    any information as to what I might have done wrong when building the
    kernel. As far as I can remember, I did not have any such issues when
    installing 2 years ago,

    John