[PARPORT] Iomega ZIP plus drive

Garrick West (badlogin@wolfenet.com)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 15:05:28 -0800 (PST)

Anyone had any luck getting one of these to operate in parallel port mode?
I just got one and have been messing around with it. My port is in normal
mode, with IRQ 7 (no IRQ conflicts). It works fine under NT, And the
name of the driver for NT is ppa3nt.sys. I've got all the required SCSI
support compiled in and have tried it as both a module & built in.
lpd is not compiled (module or directly) and lpd daemon is not running
(didn't think that would be a problem since my quick-cam dosen't care, but
axed it just to be safe). I'm running the stock ppa.c driver from kernel
2.0.30.
        I hope you'll excuse my rambling above, but I'm new to the list
and don't want to look like a brain-dead newbie that can't RTFM & check
the basics. Here's the error message from the kernel:

PPA: unable to initialise controller at 0x378, error 2

>From a quick glance at the ppa.c source it looks like this is the result
of ppa_init() dying. Has anyone else messed with a Zip Plus in parallel
port mode? If not, any suggestions for figuring out what Iomega messed
with??

Much Thanks,
Garrick West