Re: [PARPORT] Accton EN2209 Ethernet

chris (harshman@paradigm.uor.edu)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:01:24 -0800 (PST)

> > paradigm:~/accton$ make
> > cc -D__KERNEL__ -O2 -c accton.c -o accton.o
> > accton.c: In function `ethpk_open':
> > accton.c:1025: warning: passing arg 2 of `request_irq' from incompatible
> > pointer
>
> If you deleted those it wont work - you've disabled the IRQ handler 8)

Color me stupid. =)

> 1.2/early 1.3 to 2.0 changed the request_irq/free_irq irq handler to
> also pass a dev_id field which is an arbitary device specific value. You
> can look at the function prototypes for these and stick NULL in the dev_id
> field in them. Then also stick the expected dev_id in the irq handler
> function it registers and ignore the value for it and try again.

Where would I put the NULL? Better yet, where would I find the function
prototypes to determine this for myself? (I only know enough C to be
dangerous... Ditto for the layout of things in Linux.)

I tried finding a MAN page for request_irq but no luck.
Ditto grepping for that string in /usr/include

Pointers?

Many, many thanks!

Chris Harshman, sysadmin | "A witty saying proves nothing."
harshman@paradigm.uor.edu | -- Voltaire
http://paradigm.uor.edu/~harshman |