[PARPORT] Results of insmod ep with standby turned off

Kevin Fisher (kfisher@rim.net)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:14:04 -0500

Grant:

I tried running the driver with ep_standby=0, and left my Shark drive
sitting idle for a while....when I did the umount, the same thing
happened...it looked like it needed to 'spin up' before it could unmount.
The result again was that the superblock was trashed when I tried
to remount the disk.

One thing about the fsck that comes with redhat 5.0 is that it recognizes
the bad superblock and automatically tries the secondary one :). It also
says that the disk was not unmounted cleanly.