[PARPORT] Shuttle IDE parallel port drive on Linux 2.0.32 - HOW?

George Russell (george.russell@clara.net)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:57:40 +0000

The attachment details all i know of this device - can someone tell me
how i could get it work under linux?
TIA
George

--
George Richard Russell              / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
CS Student at Strathclyde          / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /

FileDisk II Parallel Port ATA HardDisk Adapter Device Type - SCSI controllers Manufacturer FileDisk II Parallel to IDE HDD Adapter settings /DE parameter passed to driver Provider Shuttle Technology Information from Windows 95 Control Panel Drivers for Os/2, NT, Win95,DOS

comp.os.linux.advocacy comp.os.linux.answers comp.os.linux.hardware comp.os.linux.questions comp.os.linux.setup

I would like somone to help me setup an external harddrive in linux. This drive is attached to a parallel port as the 1st device on the parallel port before a scanner (black widow - is this supported in linux?) and a BJC4100 printer ( can anyone help me get it printing more than ascii text? - & i have read the howto's). I have no idea as how to setup such a drive to be acessible under linux.

I am running Redhat Linux 4.2 with Kernel 2.0.32 installed on /dev/hda8 , with lilo in the mbr of /dev/hda1.

Please reply via email to george.russell@clara.net

TIA George Russell

These are the details i could get from Win95