[PARPORT] parallel port iomega zip question

Jyan-Min Fang (fang@beamer8.physics.yale.edu)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:32:40 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I just installed a parallel port iomega zip drive in a redhat 4.2 system.
the kernel is 2.0.30 that has a version 0.26 ppa driver. The kernel
compilation and I can insmod the ppa.o module to use the drive, but it is
so slow to write to the drive. It takes about 66 minutes to copy 90+Mb
onto the zip. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Jyan-Min Fang

"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth"
--- Lou Gehrig --- Go, Yankees!