Re: [PARPORT] parallel port iomega zip question

Jyan-Min Fang (fang@beamer8.physics.yale.edu)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:26:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I like to thank everyone for the nice advise. Now my parallel zip drive
has ~200KB/s transfer rate. Thanks all. btw, it is usual that it may fail
sometimes when one tried to insmod the module? When I loaded the ppa
module, I sometimes received this message

Dec 23 03:06:40 localhost kernel: ppa: No devices found, aborting driver
load.

and the insmod ppa module is aborted.

or this message

Dec 23 03:00:13 localhost kernel: ppa: Communication established with ID 6
using SPP
Dec 23 03:00:13 localhost kernel: scsi1 : Iomega parport ZIP drive
Dec 23 03:00:13 localhost kernel: scsi : 1 host.
Dec 23 03:00:24 localhost modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-8

and the module is loaded, but it won't find the device. but other time the
insmod ppa.o is fine and I can mount and use the zip. Any idea? Thanks

Jyan-Min Fang

"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth"
--- Lou Gehrig --- Go, Yankees!