[PARPORT] Parallel drives for backup

Howard Cheng (hcheng@cs.ualberta.ca)
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:05:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

  I want to buy a removable drive for backup, using the parallel port
(so I can use it on many different machines). I am currently looking
at the ZIP drive and Avatar's Shark drive. I understand that both
of them are supported. I would like to get the Shark drive because
it's faster, but I need to make sure that there is backup software
that can make use of this drive. Can anyone point me to the right
web page for more info? (btw, I am using kbackup now, which supports
ZIP drive and maybe the Shark drive as well...)

Thanks

Howard

--
Howard Cheng                     e-mail: hcheng@cs.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta                    hcheng@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so. - Galilei Galileo