Re: [PARPORT] EZ.C

Alex Bartonek (alexb@txdirect.net)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 14:36:21 +0500

On 11-Jan-98, Jay Jacobson wrote:

>Two things come to mind -- first the proper command should be 'insmod ez'
>-- not 'insmod ez.o'. Secondly (I had a similar problem), if your kernel

It works either way.

>is configured to load the lp (printer) module (or if lp is compiled
>directly into the kernel) you need to turn it off. If it is a module, just
>type 'rmmod lp'. If it is compiled in, add 'lp=0' to your append
>statements in /etc/lilo.conf. If you do not have any existing append
>statements, add the line 'append="lp=0"' to /etc/lilo.conf.

Tried all of this, and no go. If i do a rmmod lp, it says it cant find the
file or directory. (so I guess lp doesnt exist)

But when I do a cat /proc/ioports, lp is there...

Any more ideas how to do this? (should I recompile the kernel, and say 'N'o to
the parallel printer support?

Thanks

Alex