Re: [PARPORT] Canon Printer

Jay Jacobson (nin@goodnet.com)
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 19:25:24 -0700 (MST)

You would assume it would use the same driver. :) However, that is not the
case. It has its own drivers that it depends on. As far as I can tell, it
won't let you customize this. However, resulting from another reply (thank
you) I was able to locate the BJC-610 specific driver at a link from
Corel's page. The only problem now -- their FTP server is down. :)

~Jay

- J a y J a c o b s o n
- -----------------------
- Network Engineer, ISP -- 602.303.9500 -- 888.Good.Net
- jay@good.net -- www.kinetic.org

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Geoffrey Myers wrote:

 |Jay Jacobson wrote:
 |>
 |> To be to the point -- Does anyone have a driver for a Canon BJC 610
 |> (720x720 color)? I know the printer is setup correctly, because I can
 |> print from the command line, or Netscape (even full-color images).
 |> However, when I try from Word Perfect 7, I only get a garbled mess. WP7
 |> will not accept just formatting the output and piping it to lpr -- it
 |> insists on using a driver. I have tried various drivers that WP supports
 |> (Epson, older Canon, IBM, Lexmark, Brother, etc...) but no luck. When I
 |> use the "Standard Printer" driver, it works, but ignores any graphics
 |> (which defeats the purpose in this case). Any clues on a driver for this?
 |> Thanks.
 |
 |Are you trying to print to it via Linux? I wasn't aware that Canon
 |provided a Linux driver. I've got a bjc600e, which is similar to the
 |610 and I print via Netscape, Applix as well as xterm. I'm using
 |ghostscript. I would think that WP7 should use the same print driver
 |as Netscape which is probably ghostscript.
 |>
 |> ~Jay
 |>
 |> - J a y J a c o b s o n
 |> - Network Engineer, ISP -- 602.303.9500 -- 888.Good.Net
 |> - jay@good.net -- www.kinetic.org

 |> -- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --

 |--