Re: [PARPORT] Iomega zip+ between Sun and PC

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 08:40:22 -0500 (EST)

> Hmm, actually I think the best way to connect two Unix computers if you don't
> have Ethernet cards on both of them is to use PLIP (Parallel Line IP) protocol.

Except that the original question concerned connecting a _Sun Sparc_ running
Solaris to a Linux machine. Have you heard of a PLIP implementation
for Solaris on classical SparcStations ?

As far as the original question about the Zip Plus goes, I trust Dave
will give us a status report when he has a chance. Last I heard he
was still waiting to get his hands on one.