Re: [PARPORT] Colorado Jumbo 250 /w Linux Red Hat 5.0

Riley Williams (rhw@bigfoot.com)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:32:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Patrick.

> I would like to use BRU 2000 under RH 5.0, with my older
> Colorado Tape backup. It's the external, RS232, parallel port
> version.

I presume you mean "it's the one that uses a female 25-pin D-type
connector on the back of the computer" since RS232 is a SERIAL
port standard. Since IBM decided to use basically the same
connector for serial and parallel (male for serial, female for
parallel), that mistake is easy to make...

Best wishes from Riley.