[PARPORT] Boot from SyJet for Linux on IDE system with SCSI Parallel version

Breezy (ebresie@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:43:56 -0600

Okay....just got on the list so hopefully everyone will be kind.

I have a SyJet drive with the parallel port cable which uses the SCSI
for drive purposes.

I have a notebook with an IDE based harddrive. Is it possible to boot
from the SyJet using the parallel port?

Would getting a Scsi PCMCIA card help? Maybe disable the ide and use a
scsi card?

I am basically trying to setup the SyJet to allow me to boot linux
from. Perhaps using the UMSDos (sp?) version of the kernel and see the
SyJet as a second harddrive?

I hope I am not confusing everyone. Any idea?

===/---- ebresie@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu ----------/
==/---- http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~ebresie --/