Re: [PARPORT] A cdrom player

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 14:35:33 -0500 (EST)

> A have a backpack CD-ROM drive. I have downloaded the driver and can mount
> data cd's; however, I cannot find a program to play music with. Workbone
> does not work. Does anybody with a backpack CD-ROM know of a program that
> can play music cd's.

The parallel port CD-ROM drivers do not support the audio play ioctls at
this time. I do intend to add this functionality - in a manner compatible
with the "universal CD-ROM" layer - sometime in the next few months. It
is currently item number 3 on my to-do list.

By the way, the old 'bpcd' driver is no longer supported, these changes
will happen in the PARIDE suite which is now part of the standard kernel.