Re: [PARPORT] Syquest SparQ 1.0 GB w/ red hat linux

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 19:20:33 -0500 (EST)

> I am fairly sure that RedHat supports the SparQ (I could be wrong).

Well, only to the extent that you can build a 2.1 kernel with PARIDE in it :-)

> The issue here is that BIOS can not see the device, hence the linux kernel
> needs to be stored on either a floppy or the HDD.

And it can be stored in a DOS file on a DOS partition. I think LOADLIN
is often overlooked as an alternative to LILO.

> WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED
>
> People to write/maintain HOW-TO documents
>
> Currently I am extremely busy (work commitments and device driver
> maintenance) that documentation is fairly out of date/non-existent in
> some areas. For example:

And, besides, we really need David to concentrate on maintaining the driver !