[PARPORT] Re: problems with parallel port IRQ detection

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 15:46:04 +0000

>As of 2.1.78 (and 2.1.82), I receive the correct io port but the wrong irq.

>base: 0x378
>irq: 7
>dma: none
>modes: SPP

It isn't possible to autoprobe for the irq on spp ports. You must specify it
explicitly. The PLIP in 2.0 didn't actually probe for IRQs, it just guessed
on the basis of the port address. We could put this hack back in, but it
seems ugly (and it only works for actual PCs, not the various other machines
that use the parport_pc driver).

p.