[PARPORT] Re: PLIP keeps getting worse

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:44:41 +0000

> So my question is, has anyone got PLIP to work on recent 2.1 kernels?
>Is anyone maintaining PLIP code? Is anyone intending to optimize PLIP?

I've seen a few people say they are using it. It's maintained by
 Niibe Yutaka, <gniibe@mri.co.jp>. Various people have expressed an interest
in writing a newer PLIP with various whizzy features but nobody has actually
done so yet - feel free to implement something.

>What about the need to modify ifconfig to adapt to the type of PLIP cable?

You can do it with the `media' setting. Feel free to send me patches for
ifconfig.

p.