Re: [PARPORT] Scanner - Primax PagePartner

Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 15:14:59 +0000 (GMT)

> direct IO requests. Could someone correct me on this? Does DosEMU do
> this by using a "virtual machine" (that is every asm command is
> interpretted) and not executed by the CPU directly?

It uses virtual 8086 mode task descriptors and an io bitmap. You can
also do parallel port snooping with a third device wired onto the port
that just watches transactions. If the device is following normal parallel
flow control you can even use that third device to control the flow
rate ;)