[PARPORT] Driver for Syjet?

Nebu John Mathai (mathai@ecf.utoronto.ca)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 01:28:12 -0500

Hi, I own a linux system that's becoming scarce on resources (my HDD is
200 megs total) and so am considering the Syjet 1.5 Gig drive, parallel
port version (because I can't put a SCSI card on my system--notebook with
all PCMCIA's full).

I saw on the page for this list that there is an experimental/alpha driver
for this drive. I was wondering whether this driver is sufficient to allow
me to mount the Syjet, transfer data from and to the Syjet, run programs
off the Syjet etc. Also, is this driver a loadable module (I would like to
use PLIP and my printer still)?

Thank you very much for your help,
Nebu