Re: [PARPORT] HP 6020ep

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 08:12:10 -0500 (EST)

> Is it possible to get this CD-R working in Linux with parallel interface?
> IF the cd-r functionality isn't working, even the CD-only fuctionality
> would be useful.

As far as I'm aware, the parallel interface for this device is the
Shuttle Connection, which is based on the EPST chip. There is an
experimental driver for the EPST, but its handling of timeouts is
not correct for CD-R and tape devices. It _should_ permit the drive
to work as a CD-ROM drive, but I wouldn't trust it for CD-R burning
(at this time).

See http://www.torque.net/parport/parscsi.html