Re: [PARPORT] HP DJ-660C problems

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:20:58 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Riley Williams wrote:

> Q> RedHat 5.0 installed.
> Q> Kernel upgraded to 2.0.33, compiled with only the absolute
> Q> essentials compiled in, and modules disabled.

Why to disable modules? Modules are useful at first because it saves you
to alloc memory.

>I ran X-Windows across the network, and ran PrintTools on the
>above box, and as far as I can tell, it is all set up correctly,
>but it never gets round to printing anything!

Try `echo ciao >/dev/lp1` or /dev/lp0 (if you have two parallel port and
the printer is connected to the second one). If doing this your printer
will print your problem is not related to the kernel lp driver so this is
not the right list where to ask.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli