Re: [PARPORT] (no subject)

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:49:42 -0500 (EST)

Pedro

> I'd like to share my Fujitsu MO drive, which btw works brilliantly,
> and an HP Deskjet600C printer on my paralell port.

Please note that adding PARPORT into a 2.0 kernel will not automatically
buy you parallel port sharing. You would also need to back-port PARIDE
from the 2.1 kernel.

The 0.94 version of PARIDE does not have the interfaces to PARPORT in it.

You'd be better off upgrading and using the maintained versions of PARPORT
and PARIDE.

<administrivia>

Please avoid using "non-ASCII" characters in mail _headers_ - several
(broken) e-mail gateways reject mail with such characters in their headers.

</administrivia>