Re: [PARPORT] EZFlyer doesnt mount :(

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 06:52:40 -0500 (EST)

> I have a EZFlyer 230 meg parallel (of course ;) and I can no longer access
> the drive. It does not mount... I did a insmod ez and that seemed to work,
> then I did a
> mount -t msdos /dev/eza1 /mnt/syquest
>
> but no go. it tells me that it either has a bad superblock, bad fs type
> ..etc.. All of this used to work...Any clues?

First, ez is ancient and has been replaced twice. I'd recommend upgrading
to the PARIDE suite. You'll get _much_ better performance.

As far as your specific problem goes, you need to give us some more
information to go by: were any messages logged in your kernel logs ?

There are several possibilities: the drive has gone bad, the media has
gone bad, you've scrambled the disk somehow, or you've changed your
configuration in some way. I've listed them in ascending order of
probability, but without some data it's hard to say ...