Re: [PARPORT] Freecom classic

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 07:07:06 -0500 (EST)

> I am using a Freeport Classic and it doesn't work with the driver for the
> Freeport Power.
>
> after loading the modules: paride, fpwr loading of pcd doesn't succeed - I
> always get a "cdrom busy" message although the driver recognizes the cdrom
> (it says xilinx .... - so there is communication possible).

Please load the pcd driver with the extra parameter "verbose=1" ie:

        insmod pcd verbose=1

Then, use the 'dmesg' command to capture the _exact_ messages that were
logged by the kernel. (Please edit out other unrelated messages).

Then, e-mail those messages to _me_ and I'll see if I can identify the
problem.