[PARPORT] /dev/pda0 as root drive

Tony Godshall via of.net (togo@of.net)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 06:09:37 +0000

This is a newbie question, I guess.

My Linux (Debian) doesn't seem to create the /dev/pda* devices,
which is a problem since I'd like to have my root on my parallel
port drive. The goal like to run Linux on my HP Omnibook 300 and
have no way to install it on its own native hard drive- the OB300
had no diskette drive and doesn't have enough RAM for a RAMdisk.

So the question is: How to I make the boot disk recognize my
/dev/pda drive? I have already built a custom kernel that supports
said drive and can mount it after boot without modules.

Appreciate any help.

___
Tony Godshall
tg@of.net