Re: [PARPORT] Re: rf

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:17:46 +0100

>It fails for me on one count. I can't ask

Actually you can. You can get a list of the supported modes as a bitmask, and
encoded into this is the hardware type (this could do with changing, actually,
but...)

So, if you want, you can do:

#ifdef __i386__
if (port->modes & PARPORT_MODE_PCSPP) /* all ports can do SPP :-) */
{
        /* Hey it's an 8255-like port, I can do this one in assembler */
}
else
#endif
{
        /* Do it more slowly */
}

David was going to do something like this for PPA too but I don't think it
ever happened.

p.