[PARPORT] 2.1.96 patches

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:40:09 +0100 (BST)

Hi guys,

I've sent Linus a couple of patches. They can be found at:

ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.1.96-parport-1-params
ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.1.96-parport-2-yield

I don't think anyone will find them controversial.

The first (from Phil) fixes parport_pc module parameters, and enhances lp
module parameters so that you can force old behaviour with
"parport=none,0" (instead of "-1,0").

The second makes parport_yield_blocking useful. Having recently learned
that I only have a hazy grasp of the implications of calling "schedule()",
would someone like to give me a clue about whether it should be done in
parport_yield (the non-blocking one) as well?

Thanks,