Re: [PARPORT] Programming for the parport.

ccurtis@facm.fit.edu
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 08:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

> Er.. /dev/parport0 doesn't really work like that yet. For a start, it
> doesn't yet exist. "ppuser" can be found at torque.net, and provides the

Alright. Next time I'll try to pay attention. Just didn't want to see
this poor guy continue to suffer. I don't even have a need to be on the
list (I don't use parport devices) but found it interesting so I hung
out. FWIW, the performance was unacceptable - the tape drive (a colorado
trakker) worked fine, but printing was horribly slow. Right now my disk
space exceeds capacity for unattended backup, so...

> Again, this isn't in 2.1.x, let alone 2.0.33, and it doesn't really work

My mistake. I'd seen it mentioned, I thought is was in the dev kernels.

regards,
Christopher