Re: [PARPORT] Re: 2.1.96 patches [new round robin regime]

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

> We could leave the wakeup style the same, forcing the pardevice to claim
> parport inside the wakeup callback, but if we will do that it' s only to
> be backwards compatible with the old drivers code. Since the patch is
> really _trivial_ I didn' t take the compatible way since the new way is
> the obvious one. Grant do you agree with me here? Did you see the
> paride.c patch inside my latest patch?

I saw the patch, and agree that it is trivial, but I don't think this
is an appropriate time to be making changes to any interfaces, no matter
how desirable or trivial. In this particular case, the "compatible way"
costs very little.