Re: [PARPORT] Status of pg / HP-7x000e . . .

Juan Manuel Santos (jsantos@puc.cl)
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:09:32 -0400

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, you wrote:
>Hi. I just joined the list; sorry if this was just the subject of a
>major discussion. (But I did try to check out the web pages!)
>
>I'm considering getting a CD-ROM writer. The HP 7200e has an attractive
>price, but I only want it if it'll work under Linux since (at the moment
>at least) Linux is the only operating system I have working on my
>laptop.
>
>So . . .
>
>I joined this list; I have a few questions . . .

Hi, this is a suggestion for HP CD-R owners.

I have a HP7100e and while the pg driver is being developed, I use the CD-R
as a internal IDE. It is simple, you have to open the case, take off the drive
and connect it to the PC IDE controller.

Juan Manuel Santos
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
jsantos@puc.cl