[PARPORT] SparQ Under Monkey Linux

Jose Conde (jconde@fallschurch.esys.com)
Mon, 04 May 1998 11:16:35 -0400

I've recently got Monkey Linux running on a 386/40MHZ machine
with 8M RAM. I connected a SparQ 1GB parallel port drive to
LPT1, downloaded the paride tar file, built the modules,
and installed them. I was then able to mount the SparQ
drive and successfully list all files on the drive. The
problem starts whenever I try to copy any files from the
SparQ drive. The system hangs and
"paride: do_pd_read_drq" and "paride: do_pd_read"
messages continually display on the console. The drives
parms are being set automatically when loading the pd
module (port=3bc, mode=2, etc.). Can this thing work